Here’s my quick take on clutch WordPress Plugins. I use them, I like them, and I’d recommend them for almost any site.
- Google XML Sitemaps – generates an XML sitemap that helps search engines index your blog. Must-have SEO plugin.
- Gravity Forms – incredibly powerful plugin that allows you to easily create forms and manage entries with intuitive, drag-and-drop functionality.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith – this is a simple plugin that finds every way that people could access your WordPress feeds and makes sure that they are redirected to your FeedBurner feed. In addition to making sure that users find a consistent, working feed, this allows you to monitor subscribers more accurately.
- W3 Total Cache -a quality caching plugin that will improve site load time and the experience of your site visitors.
- WordPress Editorial Calendar – I love this plugin. It helps me to stay organized by allowing me to get down my ideas in draft form, schedule posts, and visually track my blogging history.
- WP-DB Manager – good backup plugin, I go back and forth between this one and Backup Buddy. WP-DB Manager works with automatic scheduling of backups and optimizing your databases.
- Akismet – yes, this is automatically installed on your blog, but take advantage of it; get your API key and get it working.
- All-in-One SEO Pack – very powerful SEO plugin, allows you to fine tune anything if you just invest some time working with it.
- Fluency Admin – this is simply a back-end, custom styling plugin. Very customizable, it simplifies and condenses the administrative menu – which saves me the trouble of scrolling all the time.
I’m a big fan of these plugins, but I want to hear what you’re passionate about. Leave a comment and share your favorite plugins, resources, or comments!